Research Associate Organic Chemistry
Cleave BioSciences is a privately held and clinical development stage biotech company focused on disrupting protein homeostasis for the treatment of specific cancers. The company currently has an oncology drug candidate CB-5083 in clinical trial.
We are seeking a highly motivated, hands-on research associate in organic chemistry to join the medicinal chemistry group, contributing to discovery research that rapidly moves from early stage to late development. This is a full-time contractor position for a 6-month period with possibility of extension.
The successful candidate should be able to:
- Perform lab work independently for synthesis, purification and characterization of novel bioactive small molecules.
- Perform routine maintenances of key instruments such as HPLC, LCMS, and Microwave reactor.
- Maintain lab e-notebook in a complete, consistent and concise manner according to company documentation practices.
- Follow all safety regulations at the federal, state and local levels.
- Collaborate with internal group and cross-functionally with other departments.
- MS or or MS-equivalent level in synthetic organic chemistry.
- 1+ years of experiences in small molecule medicinal chemistry in a pharmaceutical organization.
- Demonstrate strong modern synthetic organic chemistry techniques and instrumentation skills.
- Execute the design of bioactive compounds, problem solving capabilities and strong organizational skills.
- Work as an individual or part of team to achieve the goal in timely fashion and to be flexible to adapt to changing needs
- Familiar with working knowledge of ChemDraw, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SciFinder; Previous analytical chemistry experiences is a plus.
- Apply to email@example.com. Put Research Associate, Organic Chemistry in the subject line.
- Please include a summary that highlights the above required qualifications. A resume and cover letter is preferred.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive salary, stock options and benefits package.
- Applicants should be legally entitled to work for any employer in the US.
- Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any agency resumes. The company will not be responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.